Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Worship Wednesday's

This quickly has become one of my favorite songs. Matthew West definitely strikes a nerve. This song is a very sobering reminder of my life. Early on in my Christian faith (I grew up in the church) I just did what I thought i was supposed to do. I was just going through the motions. But, (I love big but's in the Bible as well in my life) God radically smacked me in the face, about 6 years ago. I was one of those lukewarm Christians...the kind that Christ speaks through John in Revelation 3:16, "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."

Are you making God puke? Do you need God to smack you, too? or I guess I can in Jesus name! Wake up, to the Life He offers. Wake up and live a life of gratitude, for all God has done for you (i.e. Salvation, Grace, Mercy, and Redemption).



Matthew West - The Motions - Something To Say

This might hurt/It’s not safe/But I know that I’ve gotta make a change/I don’t care
If I break/At least I’ll be feeling something/‘Cause just ok/Is not enough/Help me fight through the nothingness of life/I don’t wanna go through the motions/I don’t wanna go one more day/Without Your all consuming passion inside of me/I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking/What if I had given everything?/Instead of going through the motions/No regrets/Not this time/I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind/Let Your love/Make me whole/I think I’m finally feeling something/Take me all the way/Take me all the way/Take me all the way

No comments: