I am blown away by this video (A Wal-Mart worker after being trampled to death, with paramedics trying to resuscitate him), actually it makes me sick. Why on earth do people act like this for treasures on earth. The bible says in Matthew 6:19,
"Don't hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it's safe from moth and rust and burglars. It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being (The Message)
This poor gentleman's family went from being thankful one day to traumatized the next, all because of the insanity for the next best sale and the attitude of "I don't care who I hurt, injure, rob from, as long as I get what I want."
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
I know that those who are unbelievers still have many things to be thankful for, but hear me out. For those who have been saved from eternal damnation are eternally thankful. In fact, I think that we as a Body of Believers should lead the way in showing our thanks for all that has been done for us.
Things I am thankful for:
- A sinner condemned to die a sinners death, saved by the Grace and Mercy of a Risen Savior!
- A wonderful wife, which God said she's the one, then I ran from that, but in His awesome plan reunited us as One Flesh!
- Two amazing boys, that daily challenge and bless me to no end! Its incredible how much love one body can withstand!
- An awesome church family (www.newhopewired.tv), and the opportunity to serve my Lord, so others can come to the knowledge of the saving Grace of Christ!
- To live in a country that allows all faiths to live together.
- The privilege to serve this great country in the current and past incentives. (www.airforce.com) and (www.goang.com)
- A chance to further my education at a great school (www.ohiochristian.edu)
- The chance to express opinions on a forum such as this...
and many more I am sure!
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Remember to give praise and THANKSGIVING in all things, such a small thing that pleases God so much.
Leave your comment on what you are thankful for!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Yesterday, a lot of family and friends celebrated my grandfathers 90th birthday. A pretty cool milestone if you ask me. He has lived a great life. He has the love of his first and only bride, he has many grandchildren and great grandchildren, He has served this great country, and has provided for many.
Grandpa, thank you for many memories, I pray we can share many more together.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Ok everybody, I am not 40 yet, but I have heard enough about this blogger thing, so I have decided to give it a try. For all you experienced bloggers, you will need to bare with me. I will eventually get the hang of it.
Hopefully this can be a place for people to come and read and comment with thoughts that will benefit the group. I know we will not agree always, but we can be respectful to everyone's opinion.