Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Still Small Voice, or " Do what I say or puke all over....its your choice!" Part 2

Well, on with the story...

Evangelist and Pastor Rick Webb, from Fraser Road Church of God in Michigan, was challenging the audience with the words found in Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them" (NLT).

I was sitting there with my family, knowing that God was calling me to speak in front of these 400 people, whom I have never met. I do not attend the Church of God, and I was a guest to this campmeeting. I didn't know the protocol. Is this excepted or allowed? How do I even approach someone about this? Do I just go up to a microphone? All these thoughts are going through my mind, along with, Lord I can't/shouldn't do this.

Well, God was getting my attention, I was literally about to puke all over the place. I have never felt that sick, so suddenly. I leaned over to my mother-in-law (not to puke on her) and asked how I should go about this. She suggested to go up and talk to the evangelist. So that is what I did...

Now that is a tough job to be in for the evangelist. To really discern whether you have a Word from the Lord, or not. Because he mentioned afterward that sometimes you get people who say all the right things up to get up there to speak, and the truth is that they just like to hear themselves speak, and it wasn't essentially God led.

So he obviously sensed that I needed to get up there right away (maybe it was fear of ruining his nice suit with my vomit).

So here I am in front of 400 people (give or take), and I supposedly have a Word from the Lord for these people. But, I have no idea where to start. It felt like an eternity. So I mustered out a quick introduction of who I was, and what I was feeling (you know sick) and that I believed God had something for someone to hear. It could be for the whole multitude or for one person. It may have only been for me to learn to be obedient in all things. Once I finished my introduction, it was no longer me speaking. Say what?

It was no longer Luke (lil' warrior) speaking. Sure it was my voice, but it was God's verbiage. It was amazing to feel like God was completely in the drivers seat. Just like in Scripture when God told Moses that He would help him speak in Exodus 4, and during Pentecost in Acts 2:1-12, it says "As the Holy Spirit gave them this ability (to speak), God/Spirit was giving me the Words that needed to be said.

Have you ever been so consumed by God that you knew somewhat of what you just mustered out, but knew that God had used you as a mediator for His Words? Being used by God is the best feeling ever.

This week God spoke to me with this quote which I shared on my FaceBook and Twitter. "The only way u can live ur life 2 the fullest, is 2 fully rely on God!" Have we fully relied on Him in our lives? Do our lives stand as a testimony of our love towards Him.

I am reminded of the passage in John 21:15-17
After breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?"
"Yes, Master, you know I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
16He then asked a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"
"Yes, Master, you know I love you."
Jesus said, "Shepherd my sheep."
17Then he said it a third time: "Simon, son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was upset that he asked for the third time, "Do you love me?" so he answered, "Master, you know everything there is to know. You've got to know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

Jesus asked Peter three times, the same amount of times that Peter denied Him. How many times does Jesus have to ask you?

Almost done I promise!

2 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

amazing obedience! I really have no idea what I would have done, I hope it would be to do what you did....because it is somethimes like fire shut up in our bones.....be blessed and walk in this annointing....

Momma J said...

I am so proud of you (in a good way) for being obedient to God's call. It was an amazing week and you gave an testimony I will never forget. We continue to be blessed by following God's teachings.