Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Still Small Voice, or " Do what I say or puke all over....its your choice!" Part 1

Funky title I know, but a true story and very real experience happened to me a few months ago. Sorry Greg that it has taken me this long to get it out.

A couple months ago my in-laws asked if I wanted to camp out and attend their churches annual campmeeting (it is kind of like a revival). Thinking how much fun the boys would have I agreed to come. I was only planning to camp a couple of nights, but once I heard the Evangelist Rick Webb, from Fraser Road Church of God in Michigan, I was drawn to stay the entire week.

I was amazed by which he spoke; with the awesome Authority and Anointing of God all over him. In fact, it had been a long time since I have experienced preaching like that.

Anyways, as I was sitting in service with my family, I started feeling sick towards the end of the service. I was wondering if I had ate something that didn't agree with me (which I had been eating camp food all week!) or what was exactly happening to me. My wife looked over at me and immediately was concerned. I was extremely pail, I was sweating profusely (which I am a B.S.G. - Big Sweaty Guy, so it happens) and I seriously felt like I was about to keel over.

Now I have experienced God's voice before, and I have felt the Spirit's leading in my life, but what I was experiencing did not feel like anything godly.

But, that is when I heard God saying, "When are you going to listen to me again?" Shocked (but not really) because I have heard from Him before, I wondered okay God clarification please! All of sudden I had an horrid, quick look back at all my recent acts of disobedience to God. The more I saw, the more sick I got. I was awakened to the saddened heart of my Creator, of every time His Chosen people disobey Him intentionally.

Have you ever felt God nudging you to do something, and you didn't do it? Maybe He wanted you to talk to a certain friend or a stranger. Maybe He wanted you to be a church planter, or to open up your home to lead a small group. Ormaybe He wanted you to step up in a specific ministry at your church, or to be Biblical leader among your peers? These types of things were flashing before my eyes, have they flashed in front of yours before? Have you ignored them as I have?

Well, have I got your attention? Come back tomorrow for the rest, it gets really good!

2 comments:

Keith said...

I've heard the first part of this story from Greg, but neither you or he have told me the rest.

Where is part two?!?

Anonymous said...

Time to finish what you started.