Wednesday, June 9, 2010

God is Good!

“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren,I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:12-14

God is so good! First off, He allowed Ohio Christian University to schedule a week break during the exact date of my families move from Ohio to Texas, and now a devotional that hits home for us this very moment.

Our devotional this week states, “When we mean to do good, opposition abounds. But the Scriptures remind us to persevere, to press on toward the goal, toward the prize.”

This is what we are doing and living this very moment. On faith my family and I moved here jobless. Satan has been attacking us from every angle, hoping to derail us from the calling of God on our life. Knowing that God has called us here, we know full well that God will provide all our needs according to His riches in Glory (Philippians 4:19), and we know that He will give us our daily bread (Matthew 6:11) so that my family will not be forgotten, because My God even cares for the lilies of the field and the birds in the air (Matthew 6:26-28).

I also recognize that Satan has to get permission to attack (Job 1) but even in the trials I hold to Romans 8:28, “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

No comments: